Notes On The 2nd String
INFO & EXPLANATION
HOLDING YOUR PICK
Looking at the images above you'll see a step by step review on holding your pick. In the beginning stages it helps to be exposed to the same stuff several different ways so that you're assured of getting the idea, or the "feel" of it, as musicians like to say. So here goes:
- STEP ONE: Place the pick between in the curve of the last joint of your forefinger as shown in image 1.
- STEP TWO: Lay your thumb down on the pick as shown in figure 2 and curl your other fingers slightly.
- STEP THREE: Holding the pick, extend your arm upward with your wrist straight as shown in figure 3.
- STEP FOUR: Relax your wrist, allowing it to fall forward slightly.
- STEP FIVE: Place your arm with the inside of your elbow at the highest point of the guitar body so that your pick comes to rest on the 2nd string. In this position, you should be able to relax your wrist and imitate what you see in the HANDS window.
NOTES IN THE EXERCISE
Below is the 2nd string exercise with the note names labelled. You should study them to be sure you know all the note names. This information will really be valuable so don't blow it off! Build on this info as you learn.
Be sure to take a look at the lesson entitled Notes In 1st Position because it gives a good overview of all the natural notes on all 6 strings in the first position.
AUDIO FILESNo audio files available for this lesson.
©2021 Hotfrets, Inc., All Rights Reserved.